Mail Forwarding terms and conditions*
Read the terms and conditions which include the service delivery limitations and legal statements prior to purchasing the Mail Forwarding service.
Service Delivery Limitations
- Proof of identity: Appropriate identification is collected to prevent identity theft and other improper use of this service, as well as to permit follow-up investigation if required for law enforcement and other legal purposes. Canada Post is subject to the Privacy Act and takes appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
- Rates: When forwarding mail addressed to individuals, residential rates apply. Business rates apply when a business name is included. Higher fees will apply for businesses identified as receiving high volumes of mail. Visit your post office or canadapost.ca/mailforwarding for current rates, or contact us for more information.
- Special offers: Canada Post may send you, on its behalf or that of other organizations, special offers on products or services of interest to you. Your personal information will not be disclosed to these organizations.
- Mail recipients: Residential requests can include a maximum of eight individual names. Business requests can include a maximum of two business names and six individual names. Additional names beyond the four listed on this form can be added online, for a fee (when you provide an email at time of purchase). Each mail recipient must share the same original and forwarding addresses. Applicable proof of authority to act on behalf of another may be required.
- Changes and cancellation: You can extend, modify or cancel the service,
- at any time during its duration:
at canadapost.ca/signin (when you provide an email address at time of purchase) </li
- at a post office by presenting the original receipt, appropriate identification (e.g., government-issued photo ID) and if applicable, proof of authorization. No refunds are provided once the service has started. A new service must be purchased to forward mail to addresses different than the one indicated on the original receipt. Canada Post reserves the right to not forward mail and end the service at anytime.
Destination address change - ONLINE ONLY: After the service has started, the new address can be changed only once, online for a fee. The new address must be within the same service category price or lower (e.g., if the initial service category falls within the provincial rate, the new address can only be an address within the same province).
- at any time during its duration:
- No liability: Canada Post and its agents (including but not limited to authorized dealers) will not be responsible for any direct, indirect, general, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected to this agreement, regardless of whether such damages are based on contract or tort.
- Privacy: Canada Post may provide your personal information to third party identification services, including telecommunications providers, in order to confirm your identity and protect you from fraud and identity theft, and you provide consent for such third party services to verify your personal information with records they may have about you. To protect your privacy interests and those of other Canada Post customers, Canada Post may also use the personal information you provided herein to update information within other Canada Post services that you have subscribed to.
Visit canadapost.ca/privacy for details on Canada Post policy on personal information protection.
- For Mover Data service, contact us by telephone (1-800-267-1177), or visit a post office.
- For special offers, visit ca/mailforwarding-optout.
- Forwarding mail from a postal box: Purchase a Mail Forwarding for Moves service if your agreement to use a box has expired. The service can be purchased for a maximum of twelve months. The Mail Forwarding for Temporary Relocation service must be purchased when you still own the box.
- Consumer Choice: Canada Post will resume the delivery of Neighbourhood Mail™ (flyers, etc.) to the original address when a Mail Forwarding for Moves service is purchased.
*Canada Post reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of the service at any time.
† Some exceptions apply (e.g., original and destination addresses after the start date ...)